The Throwbacks

Friday, February 24, 2006

Here we go...


I love almost every genre of music but I just love R&B music from the 1980's-1990's (it's falls right after gospel, jazz, and neo-soul) . I guess I love this music from that era because I was born in 1980 and grew up in that era, and when I hear those songs, they bring back memories of times when I was growing up. At the same time, it kind of makes me feel old because I feel like my parents when they would say that song was from my day, I remember we did this dance to it, lol!!! So for those that are ready to go back, alright, here we go...throwing it all the way back to the 80's and 90's...


Throwbacks of the 90's:



Various Artists
The Nutty Professor Soundtrack (1996)




Immature
We Got It (1995)



download



Tevin Campbell

I'm Ready (1993)

(reup courtesy of Layu)

download




Throwbacks of the 80's



After 7
After 7 (1989)


Tony Terry
Forever Yours (1988)



Anita Baker
Giving You The Best That I've Got (1988)



Whitney Houston
Whitney Houston (1985)
(reup courtesy of AFC Wimbledon)

************************************************

Here's a few of my favorite R&B songs from 1984-1985:

A Few Hits from 1984-1985

1. I Feel For You - Chaka Khan
2. Treat Her Like A Lady - The Temptations
3. Glamorous Life - Sheila E.
4. Oh Sheila - Ready For The World
5. How Will I Know - Whitney Houston
6. Rhythm of The Night - Debarge
7. All Night Long - Lionel Richie
8. Mr. Telephone Man - New Edition
9.When Doves Cry - Prince
10. Part Time Lover - Stevie Wonder

***will be back up soon***

3 Comments:

  • when will u post the link?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:42 AM  

  • I'll post it when I get a chance. Please be patient. I'm running two blogs, plus school, and other things. So whenever I get a chane to upload I will. Just keep checking back. Thanks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:37 AM  

  • please oh please repost the after 7 album. love! your site, thanks again :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home