The Throwbacks

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Bring On Da' Funk

This be boss playa, cat daddy DeVante aka k-swing and I’ll be helping lilmama and Layu with the site. Big thanks to lilmama and Layu for always keeping this spot bumpin'!... glad to be a part of the team. You can catch my updates every Wednesday or Thursday.

But before we get to the music, here’s the 411 on me: I love new jack swing and hiphop/soul… I am a diehard JODECI fan. They are my favorite artists of all time… no one else comes close. I also love the girl groups, en vogue being my fave.



That’s about it… now let’s get this party started off right.





Jodeci Throwback



It pains me to post their music because EVERYBODY should already own this! … but I find myself asking “what would lilmama do?” .. so here’s the jodeci discography .. enjoy while it lasts (ysi links, no re-ups).. I’m going to spoil y’all because it’s my first post.


Jodeci
The Show, The After-Party, The Hotel (1995)



Jodeci
Diary Of A Mad Band (1993)

download



Jodeci
Forever My Lady (1991)

download



Throwbacks of the 90's



K-Ci and JoJo
It's Real (1999)

download



Jon B.
Bonafide (1995)

download



Kut Klose
Surrender (1995)

download



Mary J. Blige
What's The 411? Remix (1992)

download



Throwbacks of the 80's



Alexander O'Neal
Hearsay (1986)

download



Mary Jane Girls
Mary Jane Girls (1983)




New Edition
Candy Girl (1983)



*****************************************************************


Thanks again to everyone who visits and contributes. This site would be nothing without you. Last week, over 1,000 people have visited and yesterday, the site had 1,500 hits, so that's wonderful. I and those who share what we have with everyone are glad to do so. The Throwbacks have alot more in store for you and I'm so excited about it. So just be on the look out for more to come.


Currently, there's two people, Layu and Devante who are helping me by uploading, responding to the emails, ect. You all are awesome, thanks. There's a few others who will be helping (hopefully) if they decide to do so.

So for those who are considering on sharing what you have but don't know how, let's see if this helps. Rip your cd using a program like Windows Media, MusicMatch, or Itunes, for example. Those programs should provide the album information for you when you insert the cd, if not, there should be a search option to use to find the info. Once that's done check to the right on this page to the section titled Tools 4 U. Use the link available for the free Winrar (thanks Andre from The Gospel-Fill Up for the link). With this program you should be able to extract the .rar files to .mp3 and archive your files. Now you're ready to upload. Good servers to choose from are Rapidshare, Megaupload, Sendspace, Zshare.net , Mooload, Easy-Sharing, and Storeandserve.com (sighn up for the free account to upload bigger file sizes). Then you can email them to thethrowbacks_blogspot@yahoo.com.

Alright you guys, enjoy Devante's drops and have a great day!


Lilmama
P.S.
Sorry if I didn't mention each and every contributor by name above, that's alot of names to add. You know who you are though, I not only credit your donation to the blog, but thank you as well personally via email and on the blog.

1 Comments:

  • Great post! I love Jodeci. As far as the albums I like by them, only their first two. Kut Klose's cd is great too. I wonder why they never recorded another album, it would've been nice to hear from them again.

    By Blogger Lilmama, at 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home