The Throwbacks

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Another Contribution Post!!

These are mainly all contributions, had so many donations, I just though I'd unload them nearly all at once. Please show some respect to me and those who upload all this great music if you decide to use these links elsewhere. How hard is it to say, "Hey here ya go, got these from The Throwbacks, Smoking Section, Blue's Away, ect" or "I found these at such and such so all props go to them"...not very hard at all. There are those who know I was contemplating on shutting this blog down this month and focus on my gospel blog, only because I got so tired of people high-jacking my blog, mess, doing it all by myself, and recieving very few donations. So I thought to myself, is this really worth my time to do all of this, but some very kind people, who I think of as my close online friends gave me words of encourgement to just keep doing it. When I did as they advised, so many people just started flooding my email with their help, so I knew keeping this blog up was worth keeping for everyone.

Remember please if you send a donation, please send 80's and 90's R&B, if you're unsure of the release year, a great place to visit is allmusic.com for that info. I just dislike sounding like a broken record, but there's plenty other sites out there that have recent music or rap from the 80's to the present, but that's not what this site is about. I'm not knocking the other music because I'm a big fan of nearly every genre of music covering many eras (I'm always getting teased about it, but I think one should be open to all types and music and be able to enjoy it), but this blog is dedicated to 80's and 90's R&B and nothing else. I wanted a blog like this one and Blue's because it was so hard to find this type of music online, and I knew I wasn't the only one who felt that way, so the upstart of this blog begun. And thanks to so many of you for your help and support, I'm glad that I knew for sure I wasn't the only one who appreaciated 80's-90's R&B. Okay, that's enough rambling for me, because I have to upload for the gospel blog as well, and then run a ton of errands today. I'll be back on Friday with my post, but enjoy what the rest of the crew and donators will bring to you.


Lilmama


P.S.

To "Ten" of BGOL, in the same sentiments expressed by Blue's (click here to read what he wrote on this matter) please give this site, Blue's Away, Knotie's and any other blog that you fail to contribute to but will take our links as your own credit. I tell you all, this person stole too many albums from here and Blue's to name without even mentioning where he found them. And to think, this person is too lazy to upload any of those albums to share on that site , but will go through each of Blue's post for the links, Blue's links are embedded in the pictures, and post them. One person was thanking him as if this "Ten" person actually uploaded the albums. Gotty warned me about that leecher, but I didn't think it would happen, but it has. But that's just the tip of the iceberg... this site http://themightymonsdef.blogspot.com/ copied this whole site onto theirs, links and all. Can you believe that? I mean really. I am so for peace and all, but please post your sentiments on that blog so maybe they'll get a clue and do their own uploads instead of stealing every single one from here.

At least one person had some heart and wrote from BGOL:

"Propz to bringin attention to the music that the following blogs where the links were taken from have to offer, maybe this will inspire many others to visit those blogs for more of the music that they upload for all of us

The Throwbacks http://thethrowbacks.blogspot.com

Blue's Away http://epicblues.blogspot.com ,

Knotie http://knotie.blogspot.com "

Thanks poster, maybe it will.




Request List:

  • Miki Howard - Miki Howard
  • Ashanti - There Is Something Wrong
  • Gina Thompson - If You Only Knew(track 6 "You Can't Play Me" and track 14 "As Long As God Allows")
  • Pure Soul - Pure Soul
  • Wayne Marshall
  • Keith Nunnally
  • Tammy Payne
  • Nia Peeples - Nothin' But Trouble
  • Keni Stevens - Living On The Edge
  • Tongue 'N' Cheek - This is Tongue 'N' Cheek
  • Commodores (any of their 80's material)
  • Donna Summers
  • any Jeffery Osborne (of the 80's-90's era)
  • Chaka Khan (of the 80's-90's era)
  • Tracie Spencer (any of her other albums besides "Tracie", which is posted)
  • Damian Dame - 199Sex
  • Lance Ellington - Pleasure & Pain
  • Today - The New Formula




Throwbacks of the 90's





Kevon Edmonds
24-7 (1999)





Montell Jordan
Get It On Tonite (1999)
(courtesy of Ms. Kris...thanks!)



Christina Aguilera
Christina Aguilera
(courtesy of Ms. Kris...thanks)




Somethin' For The People
This Time It's Personal (1997)
(courtesy of Ms. Kris...thanks!)




Intro
New Life (1995)





Nia Peeples
Nia Peeples (1993)
(courtesy of mAdcAt...thanks!)




Keith Washington
You Make It Easy (1993)
(courtesy of Tit Willow (Music Injection)...thanks!)




Loose Ends
Tighten Up Vol 1 (1992)
(courtesy of AFC Wimbledon...thanks! )




Timmy Gatling
Help (1991)
(courtesy of JJ680...thanks!)




Whistle
Always & Forever (1990)
(courtesy of JJ680...thanks!)




Tracie Spencer
Make The Difference (1990)
(courtesy of Blue's Away)
(to download please visit Blue's site, you'll be glad you visited if you haven't been there already)




Keith Sweat
Live
(courtesy of JJ680...thanks!)

(I know this is not a 80's or 90's release, but it's a collection of him performing his greatest hits live)





Throwbacks of the 80's





Z'looke
Take U Back to My Place (1988)
(courtesy of JJ680...thanks!)





Ready For The World
Ready For The World (1985)
(courtesy of JJ680...thanks!)




Force MD's
Let Me Love You - The Greatest Hits
(courtsey of JJ680...thanks!)

3 Comments:

  • the pw 4 Kevon and Intro is thethrowbacks.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Lilmama, at 4:19 PM  

  • Dope ass blog - one of the best I have ever seen! Can't believe someone tried to jack it all!

    Thanx for Intro, this album is not available where I live.

    Peace

    D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:42 PM  

  • You're welcome, glad you like the blog!

    By Blogger Lilmama, at 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home