The Throwbacks

Saturday, April 01, 2006

This is how we do on the weekend!


Thank you soooo much for all the contributions!! First of, let me start by saying we appreciate ALL contributions. This site would be nothing without your input, so thank you once again! Right now we’re getting a lot, so if your contribution is not in this post, look out for the next. This time I have a lot of contributions and a few of my favourites. I have little time, so I haven't put them in any order. Also not all files are named, if you need the tracklisting, check Amazon.com.


Requests (if possible):

  • Miki Howard - Miki Howard
  • Michel'le - Hung Jury
  • Ashanti - There Is Something Wrong
  • Gina Thompson - If You Only Knew
  • Pure Soul - Pure Soul
  • Jonathan Butler - More Than Friends
  • Stevie Wonder - In Square Circle
  • Wayne Marshall

Take care Layu




Throwbacks of the 90's




Deborah Cox

Deborah Cox (1995)

Download


With songs like: Who Do You Love, Sentimental, Natural Woman, and an extra Things Just Ain’t The Same, need I say more???




Brik Citi
Between A Rock and A Hard Place (1994)

(Courtesy of JJ680 … Thank You)


Download


Brik Citi never really made it, too bad. I really enjoyed this CD!! I used to listen to That Honey all day. Now finally after all these years I can listen to it again, Thank you!




N2U
NIIU (1994)
(Courtesy of JJ680 … Thank You)

Download


N2U, what can I say. This is really a good album! Way better than their latest effort Issues.




Jade

BET Listening Party (1993)

Download

This is their live CD recorded for BET. It features almost their entire first album. I always liked Jade, but I loved them after hearing this!





Xscape
Hummin' Comin' At 'Cha (1993)

Download


Their debut including tracks as Just Kickin’ It and Understanding. My personal favorite is I got love on my mind, I used to listen to that 24/7!





Coming of Age
Coming of Age (1993)

(Courtesy of MsKris … Thank You)




Download


I used to listen to I'm coming hooooome all the time. This really takes me back!!!




Club Nouveau

Life, Love & Pain (1990)

(Courtesy of MsKris … Thank You)

Download



Throwback of the 80's




Surface
The Best of Surface (1987)
(Courtesy of MsKris … Thank You)



***************************************************************


Feel Like getting your praise on?
Check out the Deitrick Haddon albums at The Gospel Fill-Up

2 Comments:

  • Go on Ms. Layu, hot post. Thanks guys ofr the contributions. Thanks Layu for reupping the Tevin and for my personal request for Deborah Cox. Once again just a hot post!

    By Blogger Lilmama, at 7:19 AM  

  • OMG!! You don't know how long it's been I've been searching for this one song over and over, I thought it was a number of popular New Jack Swing groups... but not a single one. I've tried going to lyrics forum after lyrics forum.. finally I got the answer!! I have to tell you THANKKKKKKKKKKK YOU for sharing, I've been looking for Brik Citi everyyyywhere! Especially the song I mentioned "That Honey" with the catchy lyric "you're soaking wet, give me some of that honey" Thank you once again, Im glad I stumbled on to your blogger. Coming Of Age is also great.. hehe I listen to that same song overr and over as well. =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home